Yangon Academy International School is a privately-held, Pre-Nursery through Grade Twelve international school located in Yangon’s Bahan Township. The School, established in 2004, is housed on two campuses – the elementary school campus for Pre-Nursery through Grade 5 students, and the nearby secondary school campus for Grade 6 through Grade 12 students. Utilizing an American curriculum with English as the primary language of instruction, Yangon Academy strives to educate the whole child with the goal of developing excellent students today so that they become ethical, global leaders tomorrow.
Vision and Mission
- Vision: Yangon Academy empowers students to reach their full potential.
- Mission: Yangon Academy is a dynamic international school that provides a challenging K-12, American-based education, which prepares our students for excellence in university and life. Our community inspires students to love learning and to contribute positively within a diverse and ever-changing world.
Schoolwide Learning Outcomes (SLOs)
- Listens respectfully and asks questions to facilitate understanding
- Presents information and ideas clearly and honestly with sensitivity to others
- Demonstrates the ability to effectively communicate in multiple ways; e.g., speaking, writing, artistic/musical expression, kinesthetic/movement, mathematical/logical, interpersonal/social, intrapersonal/reflective, media/technology
- Uses appropriate technology as a tool to convey ideas
- Creates, adapts, and evaluates new ideas in the light of the common good
- Thinks reflectively and creatively to evaluate and solve problems
- Achieves excellence, originality, and integrity in one’s own work
- Recognizes and solves problems using various strategies appropriate to the situation or issue
- Analyzes and employs the arts, media, and technology to enhance the quality of life
- Participates in leisure and fitness activities for a balanced and healthy lifestyle
- Supports the health and safety of self and others
- Demonstrates a robust sense of physical and emotional happiness
- Demonstrates the skills of effective collaboration to achieve personal and group goals
- Collaborates meaningfully, supportively, and efficiently on teams
- Demonstrates leadership through collaboration and teamwork
- Understands that each member of a team plays an essential role, and all are interdependent
- Demonstrates a positive sense of respect for the dignity and welfare of others
- Acts ethically, taking responsibility for one’s own actions
- Values and honors the role of family in society
- Embraces awareness and respect for the rights of others, both locally and globally
- Respects and affirms the diversity and interdependence of the world’s peoples and cultures
- Demonstrates care and concern for the environment and community
- Uses resources wisely
- Demonstrates attributes of passion, curiosity, and inquiry
- Continually develops one’s given potential
- Takes risks to imagine and innovate
- Accepts responsibility for learning
This message is only visible to admins.
Problem displaying Facebook posts. Backup cache in use.
Click to show error
Solution: See here for how to solve this error